Inspiration: For me and for you
In the Equation — the top blogs from 2014.
Here’s wishing you all a Happy & Healthy New Year!
Thanks for being a part of this online community where we’re working toward living happy, healthy and whole lives by learning to take care of ourselves…by putting ourselves in the equation.
I’ve been blogging at intheequation.com for more than four years now. And, trust me, I learn and grow on the journey toward wholeness every time I share my story, celebrate a milestone, or tackle a tough subject here. Blogging helps me stay focused on living intentionally and reaching my greatest potential. It’s also my desire to provide hope, inspiration and support to others who struggle with their weight, health and overall happiness — inside and out.
So, after a two-week holiday hiatus from the blog to spend time with my loved ones, I am back and ready for a new year!
As we begin this new year together at intheequation.com, I want to know what blog topics are important to YOU. While most often I write from my own experiences, it’s important to me to know what resonates with my followers.
This past year, WordPress made that easier by publishing a report of the most read and visited blog pages on my website. I found it informative and wanted to share the top 10 with you here in case you missed them and find inspiration in these words.
Here are the top 10 (most read/visited) In the Equation blog posts in 2014.
1) When is it time to let go? (July 2013 — includes motivational quotes on the topic)
2) Resilience. I love this word (January 2014)
3) -211 lbs + love = a WHOLE life! (December 2014)
4) Courageous Girl: Four years ago I was scared to death…and I had the courage to begin my transformation journey (Nov. 2014)
5) Success = warrior. Not quitting no matter what! (part of my success stories feature – this one on Kendra Malloy, June 2014)
6) Half their size (After learning I was a finalist for People Magazine Half Their Size & then seeing they featured only one person over 40, I wrote this blog reflecting on the experience — Jan. 2014)
7) We overeat because we’re fat. New York Times article asserts what might be a game changer in fighting obesity. (May 2014)
8) Learning from life’s moments of impact (March 2013)
9) Look behind the excuses. Therein lies the answer (April 2014)
10) A whole life…the best life. Did you ever think in your whole life, you would have a whole life? (Feb. 2014)
These pages continually top the list in numbers of overall hits:
Thanks again for being part of this community. If you have a subject you’ve been wondering about or something you’re struggling with, please post in the comments field or message me privately and let me know. Chances are if you are struggling, I’ve been there and others may be interested and need help, too.
Let’s make 2015 our best year ever when it comes to caring for our overall health, wellness and happiness. And, let’s start by putting ourselves in the equation and fostering our very best selves!
P.S. Forgive me, but these are highlights of my year that I want to remember = a FUN & WHOLE Life!