Marketing Specialist, Social Media Coordinator Job Posting
Company: Marketing that Matters & In the Equation, LLC
Job Title: Marketing Specialist, Social Media Coordinator
Job Classification: Employee PT, (estimate 20-24 hours/week)
ROLE: The marketing specialist will provide a range of coordination, project support and administrative services to Marketing that Matters, a small boutique marketing agency owned and operated by President and CEO, Lori Schaefer. Tasks include providing basic operational support, administrative and organizational support, client and vendor relations, some basic financial and bookkeeping support, social media, and if applicable, some basic creative services.
Additionally, the marketing specialist will be part of a new start-up business venture in the health and wellness field for In the Equation, LLC – also founded and operated by principal, Lori Schaefer. The role supporting In the Equation, LLC, includes social media outreach and coordination, and general administrative and project support to help launch this business venture in 2016-17.
Administrative & Financial Support (30-40%):
- Provide support in the day-to-day operations of the business from a virtual agency model. This includes providing phone coverage, filing, scheduling, attending and documenting meetings, working with vendors and independent contractors to ensure effective project execution and client services, and assisting in the start-up of new contractors, clients and vendors.
- Provide basic financial support and record keeping, including tracking of all income and expenses, coordination of electronic and paper for the bookkeeper, keeping vendor, contractor and client lists up to date, and providing basic monthly billing services to assist in the client billing process.
- Organize and update MTM records and files, including vendor, contractor and client lists, manage the customer relationship database, etc.
Project/Client Support (30%):
- Provide basic client support under the direction of the President/CEO. This may include daily PR and news tracking, website updating, website content development, account and project support, research projects/support, social media support, tracking media buys and creating reports, maintaining press lists, assisting in event planning and logistics, preparing marketing materials, etc.
- Assist in building and maintaining relationships with clients and prospective clients.
- Assist in the coordination of social media and other online marketing efforts for clients, including content creation and implementation, client reputation monitoring, and tracking of social media marketing trends.
ITE New Business Support, Social Media Coordination (30%):
- Support to In the Equation, LLC including basic administrative and project support, as well as online marketing and social media coordination
- Maintain email lists and prospective customer database
- Help develop, set up and send e-newsletters
- Initiate and coordinate social media efforts, including helping manage Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Support the ongoing efforts of principal Lori Schaefer and intheequation.com to generate new business potential; assist in developing blog content; provide outreach and update and track speaking opportunities; outreach and tracking for media opportunities and coaching prospects; develop basic marketing materials, and provide general business support
- Help generate ideas and evolve the brand via opportunities online and in social media.
Creative Support (10%):
- Provide basic creative services including, but not limited to, basic ad resizing and production, production of online banner ads and emails, provide basic website production support to execute a concept, creation of flyers and other promotional materials, event materials, etc.
- Assist in getting files and ads to production, files organized on the company server and to clients as appropriate.
Other projects, tasks and duties as assigned and as needed as firm grows.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal Marketing Specialist is a dynamic and hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for all aspects of marketing, and also must demonstrate social media savvy in various platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Other ideal qualifications include:
- Proactive problem solving skills, organizational skills
- A team player and can-do attitude and work ethic
- Someone who communicates effectively, possessing both strong written and verbal/interpersonal communication skills
- Strong initiative and proactive abilities, as well as the ability to take direction
- Works well under tight, ever-changing deadlines; can multi-task with ease
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, social media or related field and some social media experience a must.
APPLY: To apply, please send resume to Lori Schaefer, firstname.lastname@example.org.