Lovin my new workout. Dancing in the kitchen!
Motivation Monday: Get on your workout gear and start movin and groovin at home…in the kitchen!
Last week, when I was getting tired of working out every day to my Biggest Loser DVD’s with Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince, I decided to change it up. (No offense, Bob and Dolvett, I love you and the workouts are great. I just needed some variety.)
So I created a new playlist and started dancing to my favorite workout songs — in the kitchen.
Yep, I danced, lunged, squatted, lifted, squeezed, jived, pressed and rolled to the beat of some of my all time favs. I combined lots of cardio (with fun dance moves that got and kept my heart rate up) with strength and balance work. And it was a blast!
If you’re struggling to get out of bed and get your workout in on Monday morning. Or, if you’re just generally tired of the same routine and need to change it up, I encourage you to pop in your favorite workout tunes (or Pandora station) and dance like no one is watching! It’s crazy fun and a great workout, and it goes by so fast.
Don’t worry if you’re not of “Dancing with the Stars” caliber, just do your thing. Move your booty. Shake it. Squat it. Lunge it. And you won’t believe how great you feel! I guarantee that when you let go and just do it, you’ll be smiling. Let me know.
What are your favorite workout songs? Here’s my new list. Here we go!
Lori’s “In the Equation,” Dancing in the Kitchen Play List
- Say Hey (I Love You) — Michael Franti & Spearhead
- You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
- The Fighter – Gym Class Heroes
- Marchin On — One Republic
- If I Lose Myself Tonight – One Republic
- All of Me – John Legend
- Walk this Way — Aerosmith
- Counting Stars — One Republic
- The Band — Up on Cripple Creek
- Stand by Me — Playing for Change
- Just What I Needed — The Cars
- Mr. Jones — Counting Crows
- Happy — Pharrel
- Brand New Book — Train
- Girl on Fire — Alicia Keys