Protein & weight loss. Myth vs. fact.
Test your knowledge with this cool protein quiz
When I first started my transformation journey more than five years ago, I could barely list the lean proteins vs healthy fats vs carbs. And I certainly didn’t know my protein fact from myth, nor did I understand how important this macronutrient is to weight loss.
To me, protein is the super macronutrient and learning about it was key to both my losing 200+ lbs and keeping it off. Not only is protein is a key component of every cell in your body. It gives you energy, repairs bones and muscles, and helps build a strong immune system. It also can be a key component in weight loss — if you know which proteins are lean and healthy, how much to eat, and when.
Five years ago and prior when I weighed more than an NFL Defensive Lineman, I never would have thought I’d be helping educate others on protein facts related to weight loss. But I’m proud to say that I just passed the Web MD Protein Quiz with a 100% score! So, as part of our nuts and bolts, back-to-basics blog series, I invite you to test your knowledge with this awesome quiz.
P.S. Over the past several months, a few of you have asked for specifics on what diet I was on to lose 200+ lbs and get to 14.5% body fat (from 63%). Well, it included a lot of lean protein as a staple. And most of those healthy proteins remain in my diet today. I eat mostly: Chicken, turkey, fish, tuna, seafood (shrimp, scallops, lobster), lean pork, eggs and egg whites, lean beef, cottage cheese, hummus and whey protein. And honestly, I love it and never get bored.
Good luck on the quiz! Let me know how you do.
P.S. If you have a topic you’d like to see covered in a future blog topic, connect with me here.
Read more of our Nuts & Bolts, Back-to-Basics Blog Series:
- Dancin in the kitchen! My favorite indoor workout (Feb. 4, 2016)
- 7 Tips to increase your water intake (Jan. 25, 2016)
- My go-to snacks for weight loss (Jan. 21, 2016)
- Meal prep. Works for me! (Oct. 2015)
- Confused about what to eat to lose weight & maintain a healthy body? (Jan. 2015)
- Nutrition: Do you know the basics? (Dec. 2014)
- Want to lose weight? Get smart first (Jan. 11, 2016)
- 2016: How about a year of YOU in the equation? (Jan. 4, 2016)